Legal bid recruitment.
When recruiting for Bid Managers in the Legal sector, at the top of the wish list for the employer is invariably "previous experience in the legal or professional services is a must"! But why? What makes professional services so unique that other sectors cannot offer the same skills. Here's what they are really looking for:
- Someone who can manage multiple bids at once.
- Someone who can manage multiple bids in multiple sectors.
- Someone who can manage multiple bids in multiple sectors with multiple time frames.
- Someone who can manage multiple bids in multiple sectors with multiple time frames and massive variance in value.
- Someone who can manage all of that and then tell the stakeholders what the actual priorities are.
- You need to have excellent copywriting skills to create bespoke bid content targeted to each client's unique requirements.
- Ideally you are a project manager as well as a bid manager with excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to present.
- Finally, you need to have all this and a mind set to work till the job is done.
Couple this with a market which is short of experienced Bid Manager’s anyway and defining the above by “professional services experience” can cut your target audience even further. Recruiting into Bids role is difficult for many reasons, so try not to make it even harder for yourself.
If you are thinking about recruiting into your bids team and want to discuss the current market then call Pat McLean at Hatch.